Modifying Source Code for Published Add-in
Add-ins published on the RootPro CAD website contain source codes. Modifying a source code can modify an add-in operation.
Downloading source code for published add-in
- Download an add-in file (with the extension of .zip) from the RootPro CAD website
- Unzip the downloaded file (.zip), and copy to Document folder.
- If there is a [Visual Studio 20XX] (XX: version) folder in the extracted folder, copy the folder of the version of Visual Studio to be used to the document folder. For example, when using "Visual Studio 2017" as a development tool, copy the folder "Visual Studio 2017".
- If there is only a folder with add-in name instead of [Visual Studio 20XX] folder in the extracted folder, copy that folder to Visual Studio 20XX\Projects in the document folder. For example, when using "Visual Studio 2017" as a development tool, copy the folder to Visual Studio 2017\Projects in the document folder.
- If a folder with the same name already exists, overwrite it.
Modifying source code in Visual Studio
- Start up RootPro CAD Professional, and click [Add-ins] - [Launch Visual Studio] menus.
Visual Studio will start up. When Visual Studio is not installed, Visual Studio website by Microsoft will be displayed where "Visual Studio Community 2017" is published for free. Download and install it.
- Click [File] - [Open] - [Project/Solution...] menus, or [File] - [Open project] menus in Visual Studio.
[Open Project] dialog box will be displayed.
- Open the project for an add-in existing in the copied folder.
Select a solution file (with the extension of .sln) in the folder with the add-in name in Visual Studio 2017\Projects (or Visual Studio 2015\Projects or Visual Studio 2013\Projects) in Document folder, and click [Open].
- Edit the source code as necessary.
Executing a build to check that the add-in operates correctly
- Click [Build] - [Build Solution] menus.
The project's build will be executed to generate an add-in file (with the extension of .dll).
- When an error is displayed on Output Window or Error List Window, there is a mistake in code descriptions. Review codes, and execute the build again.
- If the build succeeds, click [Debug] - [Start Debugging].
RootPro CAD will start up.
- Click [Add-in Manager] on [Add-ins] menu in RootPro CAD.
[Add-in/Script Manager] dialog box will be displayed.
- Select [Add-in] - [Installed] in the menu on the left, Click [Enable] of the add-in to be builded in the add-in list.
- Click [Close].
The created add-in will be imported to RootPro CAD.
- Check that the add-in works correctly.
|▪||Add-ins are only used in RootPro CAD Professional. RootPro CAD Free cannot use these functions.|